Friday, June 22, 2012

A bag of goodies...

I took some time away from writing today to do a little shopping. There were some books I wanted to pick up and read. Mind you, I already have a load of books I checked out from the library I work in; they are here waiting to be read.

But these new books I got through ibookstore. Yes, I have a Kindle, but since I got this ipad I've read most ebooks through the Kindle app or the ibooks app. Ibooks has this neat feature that tells you how many pages are left in a chapter--this is something I do with paper books. I always look at how many pages are left in a chapter before I start it. This is just a preference, not an argument trying to convince YOU to buy an ipad.

I bought:

Vaempires: A White Christmas by Thomas Winship








Thicker Than Blood by Shalini Boland








Sandpaper Fidelity #1  by Elizabeth Barone (which I got for FREE at Kindle store and sent to the ipad)





I've actually had the pleasure of speaking with the authors of these books (short story in Elizabeth's case). There is always something different about reading a book by an author you've had contact with. I don't know what it is; I just feel better towards the books.

***

I finished the short story I want to send to the Writers of the Future Contest. This means I have a few days to revise it. Not a great deal of time...

Also, I've been working overtime on a post about "show don't tell." That's right! It's one of the posts I've promised, but just haven't gotten to. Let me tell you, it's a lengthy one too. I'm going to take a few more pokes at it after I post this. I might put it out late next week.



LC