Thursday, June 14, 2012

Boxes, Boxes!

It was a few nights ago, last Friday, that I saw a production of Two Gentlemen of Verona by those lovable bastards from the Shakespeare by the Sea organization. The stage was a park in San Pedro that overlooks the Pacific Ocean--I mean literally it does, there's a cliff and everything. Because it was a night production, the wind had picked up, which made us all love our coats even more. Bartholomew was with me and his wife. She had prepared a picnic box filled with delicious sandwich bites and beer and beer and a few blankets.

It was my first time going and really, I wish I had known about it sooner. There's just something great about watching a play and getting a lung full of salty sea air. Best of all, the admission was free!
***
I spent most of the day boxing things and moving these boxes to the storage unit I purchased. The thing isn't very big, about 3X10', but it's located about three and a half feet off the ground so that everything you put in it has to fly in there. 

You ever try to load big boxes onto a top shelf? Right. That's how it was. It was a hard day and warm. My body hasn't had one of these days in so long, maybe ten years. Yikes! But I have more things to put away tomorrow and decided to rest. 

What better way to do that than with a good book. I had to write about the boxes though. They were heavy.



LC