Tuesday, June 5, 2012

My Day Off

I woke up at ten today and spent the whole day indoors watching the first season of Mad Men. It was catchy and the episodes were more engaging than I thought they would be. It also didn't hurt that Lieutenant Don Draper was in the Engineers Corps of the Army--I was an Engineer too. And yes, I now am a fan of Mad Men and of Jon Hamm. Oh, please don't mention this at work, Bartholomew.

Today was unique because I don't get to get up so late that often. The last time I woke up later than 6 AM was six or seven years ago.

While Mad Men played, I answered questions for two upcoming interviews. I still have three guest posts to do for the blog tour of Absolution.The sad thing I haven't done much fiction writing. My obligations come before my need to write. I'm learning this as I go.

Absolution is flowering. It received its first few reviews in the last two weeks. With those reviews and the other exposure it is getting, I've begun to see new faces. Up until now my only audience has been a few co-workers. Reading the comments of people who don't live in the same state or even the same country as I do is a hell of an experience. Hopefully, Absolution will continue to grow.

By all means, check out the stops on my tour. Here is the schedule. I hope you like what I've written so far and promise that what's left of the tour will be along the same lines.




LC