Saturday, September 21, 2013

The Ides of October 2013

Wizards...

The Wizard of Santa Monica wasn't ready to go down. He fought well. Rather than mess with that any more, I waved my fist at him and ran to a different wizard, the one from Oxnard.

It is more manageable a story, although I had to delete all that I had from its previous incarnation.

But... New beginnings are fresh beginnings.

And to be honest, I can't really focus on this until I get done with Quantum in a few weeks.


Quantum vol 3!

I'm in the last stages of the copy-editing process of volume 3. Wow. It is really, really almost done.

And so, I settled on waiting until the week of October 15 to release The Quantum of the Past volume 3. That only makes me miss my original target of September 31 by two weeks. It gives me more than enough time to finish it and prepare the ebooks. And it prevents me from giving into that feeling of just getting it out of the way.

I will analyze the project as a whole, volumes 1, 2, 3, to see what lessons I can learn for future installments of that series. It was very interesting to do it this way, though I don't know that it would work for a project like Ascension.

But, more to follow on that thought...


October 2013

At last comes October. The Fall signals a few changes for me. I will be doing only writing. No revisions. No editing. No copy-editing.

I'm free to create!

I had hoped the summer would be my creating time, but alas, Quantum took my time.

My goals for October include: 1) Finishing three more Wizard stories; 2) Writing 10,000 words of Ascension; 3) Write two short stories for a workshop; 4) Prepare Quantum of the Past for Createspace.

Yeah. That's very ambitious. But the writing process is much, much different than working on a completed draft. Maybe I should post about that. Or not. There are few methods, theories, I am consciously aware of while drafting.


Have a Margarita for me!



LC