Wednesday, October 30, 2013

October revisited

And so, it's time to tally up my October goals. Here they are:

My goals for October include: 1) Finishing three more Wizard stories; 2) Writing 10,000 words of Ascension; 3) Write two short stories for a workshop; 4) Prepare Quantum of the Past for Createspace.
It was a very ambitious set of goals. I didn't do half as well as I wanted to.

I actually only got done one Wizard story, 0 words on Ascension, and did not prepare Quantum for Createspace. At least I finished the two short stories for the workshop.

The lesson is not to be too ambitious. There is plenty of time to do things at a slooooooooooooooooooow pace. Next year is a big drafting year, so I would like to have at least The Wizards done.

***
November will be interesting. I start a second job, hopefully, while finishing up the semester at school. Just writing that out makes the endeavor seem crowded, busy. But it is what I have to do to keep my books looking a certain way. I mean, I could start doing the art for my books again, but that didn't work out so well. And good artwork costs money. Publishing too has costs. Next year I will add advertising costs, etc.

It's more of a hobby at this point (an expensive one). But there are bigger goals and bigger plots I have to follow. At least next year school will be a thing of the past, unless I wish to pursue a different degree plan. But I'm a little burned out from school.

More on next year's goals in two months.

These are my goals for November:

  1. Finish at least two Wizard stories.
  2. Prepare Quantum for Createspace.
  3. Prepare Quantum ebook.

That is far more conservative than last month's goals.

***

And now, here is more work by Celairen.








LC