Saturday, October 12, 2013

On the road...

I moved again a few days ago, making it the third time this year. Let me tell you, there is a reason there are professional movers. A kitchen stove and a refrigerator are heavy, and stairs suck. A major appliance fell on me so I haven't been in the mood to do anything with my hands. My limbs are all okay, just a few minor scratches and bruises, but I am sore as hell. Luckily, I had all the Quantum volume 3 stuff for kindle and nook ready to go.

I will load the files either later on today or tomorrow and double check the ebooks, so that they are on sale by Tuesday or Wednesday at latest.

The hiccup with moving was just part of my time. I also wrote one of the two short stories I'm supposed to write for my workshop. It's up in the Chasing the Coyote page. I have to finish another by the 21st of this month.

As for The Wizards, with Quantum subdued, I will have all of two weeks to work on one. The Wizard of Oxnard is all set up, I just have to write it.

***

Last week, I got the artwork for the novel version of The Quantum of the Past: A Fantasy. That marks the fourth artist I've had the pleasure of working with. Each is unique in their own way. That gives me options. I'll show off the artwork in due time. :-)

It's a very unique experience to work with them and trying to pass a vision you have in your head. I'm glad I decided to go with artists instead of doing it myself. That fiasco made me waste a lot of time.

***

So, that's a photo of the panel discussion we had at PVLD a couple of weeks ago. We had a good talk about plotting mysteries and the constraints of genre expectations. These were good folks and I hope I see more of them in the future.





LC