Saturday, January 4, 2014

2014 Lists

I will be ringing in the New Year at the Tom Bradley International Terminal at LAX. I think that's the first time I've worked during that holiday since I was in the army.

The odd schedule reflects the change of having two jobs. I'm usually up until 12:30 AM at the airport and work during the day three times a week at the library. Some days are longer than others. Believe it or not, this is not such a difficult schedule.

***

I wrote the above right before the 31st of December. Today it is the 4th of January of a new year. I'm taking careful note of where I'm starting and with what in order to better record my progress in another twelve months or so.

In 2013:


  1. I revised the manuscript of one novel: The Quantum of the Past: A Fantasy.
  2. I published three volumes of that novel. 
  3. I wrote several short stories, some fantasy, some literary.
  4. I didn't revise most of those short stories and only gave the rest a brief revision.
  5. I was able to combine all three volumes of Quantum into one novel published through Createspace.
  6. I was unable to produce a digital copy (still working on it) of Quantum.

As you can see, 2013 was an unproductive year. Part of the reason it was so unproductive was that I moved around a great deal. Also, the school year was very punishing because, quite frankly, I was tired of school and should have finished a long, long time ago.

Change is something that I dislike when it comes too quickly. This year, however, change has to come in very fast waves. That is the theme of this year: Change / growth / ascension.

And, yes, I have to write Ascension this year and publish it.

For 2014:


  1. I would like to finish and publish The Wizards.
  2. I would like to finish and publish Ascension.
  3. I would like to draft The Phantasms of the Present.
  4. I would like to draft The Sprite II.
  5. I would like to do more than Self-publish.


These are not resolutions. I've amused myself with resolutions in the past and hardly accomplished any of them. This is just a list of things, wishes, like a Christmas list. If I'm really good, I may just get many of the items on this list. I have other lists too, of things that I must have this year, of old things to take care of.

In all, this looks to be a very interesting year. With two incomes, my financial woes are coming under control slowly and I can focus more on writing. Ah, yes, writing.

I wrote a little today.

It was good.


LC