The odd schedule reflects the change of having two jobs. I'm usually up until 12:30 AM at the airport and work during the day three times a week at the library. Some days are longer than others. Believe it or not, this is not such a difficult schedule.
I wrote the above right before the 31st of December. Today it is the 4th of January of a new year. I'm taking careful note of where I'm starting and with what in order to better record my progress in another twelve months or so.
- I revised the manuscript of one novel: The Quantum of the Past: A Fantasy.
- I published three volumes of that novel.
- I wrote several short stories, some fantasy, some literary.
- I didn't revise most of those short stories and only gave the rest a brief revision.
- I was able to combine all three volumes of Quantum into one novel published through Createspace.
- I was unable to produce a digital copy (still working on it) of Quantum.
As you can see, 2013 was an unproductive year. Part of the reason it was so unproductive was that I moved around a great deal. Also, the school year was very punishing because, quite frankly, I was tired of school and should have finished a long, long time ago.
Change is something that I dislike when it comes too quickly. This year, however, change has to come in very fast waves. That is the theme of this year: Change / growth / ascension.
And, yes, I have to write Ascension this year and publish it.
- I would like to finish and publish The Wizards.
- I would like to finish and publish Ascension.
- I would like to draft The Phantasms of the Present.
- I would like to draft The Sprite II.
- I would like to do more than Self-publish.
These are not resolutions. I've amused myself with resolutions in the past and hardly accomplished any of them. This is just a list of things, wishes, like a Christmas list. If I'm really good, I may just get many of the items on this list. I have other lists too, of things that I must have this year, of old things to take care of.
In all, this looks to be a very interesting year. With two incomes, my financial woes are coming under control slowly and I can focus more on writing. Ah, yes, writing.
I wrote a little today.
It was good.