Saturday, December 27, 2014

Christmas gifts!!!!

Ho! Ho! Ho!

I am in an exceptionally good mood thanks to an unexpected gift this holiday season. Now, usually my gifts range from dress shirts to cologne, but what this year brought was beyond measure.

A little background first.

Below is the scale of financial ability that most people fall into:

POOR----DECENT----GOOD----WELL OFF----RICH----WEALTHY

Wealthy is highlighted because, well, let's face it, this being the land of opportunities we all strive to get there. Certainly, if you're a writer, your fantasies will revolve around that!

Now, for the past--oh, I don't know--most of my life, I have been in the category below:

POOR----DECENT----GOOD----WELL OFF----RICH----WEALTHY

Yes, poverty sucks balls. They don't call us starving artists for nothing. I can show you photographs where I look like a Zulu tribesman (someone's description of me). Very sad, but hilarious stuff now that I no longer look that (cough) skinny.

During the holiday season last year, I got a gift from the family that drew me very slowly out of poverty so that now I am square in the middle of:

POOR----DECENT----GOOD----WELL OFF----RICH----WEALTHY

Decent! I could get a brand new car and pay rent and what not (real rent). I was so happy! I had limited means to continue to publish my work on my own, but I made do. I was inspired by J.K. Rowling to keep going because she was in the same category as I am when she wrote that first Harry Potter book.

It was difficult to believe that I was finally out of Survival Mode.

But now... What's the saying? You open Pandora's Box... and you discover Maslow's hierarchy of needs.


So... last year I solved the Physiological and Safety needs. That made me feel great, but it opened the door to a number of other needs I had no idea I had--some awakened by my encounter with my Josephine. I'm an introvert. I dislike being around large groups of people. Therefore, I'm usually alone. Was that all because I was in Survival Mode? More to ponder.

This has also made me cautious of success. What needs will I unearth if I ever become wealthy? Scary... Well, thanks to this holiday season, I again moved up the ladder of financial ability. In January, I will be here:

POOR----DECENT----GOOD----WELL OFF----RICH----WEALTHY

Good! That gives me options. It takes more weight off my shoulders. Part of the reason that Ascension took so long to write this year was that I was working so damn much. I have no social life other than to fawn over my Josephine (who is now taking a healthy turn ignoring me).

Even that doesn't bother me now. I'm in such good spirits. My new needs will probably revolve around more quality "me" time. That is if I can ignore the other needs.

But I'm becoming an optimist. I will interpret this turn of events as the Universe giving me more than a fighting chance. It's giving me a golden opportunity to rise. This all depends on how I manage my new-found assets.

Now, I know I said this before when I got my second job. But back then, I hadn't anticipated my old car breaking down so quickly (my experiences with that car can best be described by the song "Piece of shit car," by Adam Sandler).

One thing I'm doing is taking a week vacation during my birthday, the first of many.

If I play my hand right, by the end of 2015, I will be here:

POOR----DECENT----GOOD----WELL OFF----RICH----WEALTHY

And that's where I want to be.

Oh, and yes, I will be writing. Let the writing begin.


Displaying 1227140858.jpg




LC / LA